To gain the most learning value from your posts, here are some suggestions from my own experiences as a student.
- Begin the subject of new posts with Page Number and Exercise Number (e.g. pg. 999 #333)
- Use the Search feature to see if your question is already being addressed
- Avoid posting new threads on the same topic. Reply to the existing thread instead.
What should I post?
- Questions about how to start a specific problem
- Questions about specific steps in a problem where you are stuck
- Questions about underlying concepts in a problem
- "Aha" moments you encountered in a problem that can benefit others
- Suggestions about how to start a difficult problem
- What helped you understand a problem better so you were able to solve it yourself
What should I avoid posting?
- Complete solutions to a problem. This short-circuits the brains normal problem solving process for others and reduces learning significantly.
- Random opinions or guesses about how to complete a problem. If no one knows how to do it, Mr. H will respond.
These are not rules so much as helpful guidelines.